Join our team…
As our business continues to develop and grow, we have some exciting opportunities for enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to join the Platipus team, based at our head office in Redhill, Surrey, England:
- Business Development Managers (with export experience)
- Business Development Managers UK (with geotechnical experience)
These exciting positions offer a competitive salary and the stimulation of working in a challenging and dynamic industry. To apply please submit your CV, with a covering email confirming which position you are interested in, to email@example.com
Export Business Development
& Sales Assistant
Platipus Anchors Limited is the market leader providing some of the most innovative and cost-effective ground anchoring solutions for a wide variety of commercial applications and industry sectors.
As we continue to grow and develop our business, we have an exciting opportunity for an Export Business Development & Sales Assistant working in a wide variety of industries, including our Civil Engineering and Construction division, based from our offices in Redhill, Surrey.
We are seeking a dynamic person to support our Export Sales Manager to develop, strengthen and maximise sales opportunities and promote new products and solutions in Europe, the Middle East, Asia & Australasia. The successful candidate will be expected to have sound technical ability (engineering or construction experience will be advantageous), high levels of drive and commitment, must be willing to travel, highly organised with a good attention to detail, extremely proactive in their approach and able to demonstrate a proven track record in sales. Individual personal skills should include an ability to communicate effectively at all levels (written & verbal, including presentation skills), be influential & persuasive, able to work independently under pressure and also collaborate with others to achieve agreed targets and business objectives. Excellent IT skills will be a must particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams. A second language, particularly French, would be very useful.
Duties and skills include:
- Planning and prioritising personal sales activities towards achieving agreed business objectives and maximising the sale of Platipus products within a wide variety of industry sectors including Civil Engineering and Construction.
- Acquiring a clear understanding of the customers’ requirements and needs.
- Negotiating and converting customer enquiries to sales orders.
- Proactively identifying and developing new business opportunities and industry contacts to present Platipus solutions and increase product specifications.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers using all methods of communication.
- Researching and obtaining industry and competitor information to strengthen market position.
- Producing accurate and timely customer quotations, sales forecasts and internal documentation.
- Managing all processes to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
This exciting position offers a competitive basic salary, non-capped commission related bonus (O.T.E £35-45k) and the stimulation of working in a challenging and dynamic industry. Must live within a daily commutable distance from Redhill, Surrey.
To apply please submit your CV with a covering email to