The High Line, New York – USA
Platipus Tree Anchoring Systems, including concrete deadman sleepers and engineered soil, were used to stabilize the trees over the green roof.
Tree Anchoring in Kotor Bay, Montenegro
Platipus underground tree anchoring systems were the perfect solution to stabilise large semi-matures trees and palm trees planted in such a high proﬁ le location.
Orchard Lisle Courtyard, London
As a traditional anchor system could not be used, the Platipus Deadman Fixing System (Plati-Mat) was selected. The system utilises kerbstones or sleepers to secure the trees and create the aesthetically pleasing finish to this award winning landscape.
Great Marlborough Street, London
The Platipus D-MAN® cell based system was the ideal solution, given the relatively shallow soil depth in the planters.
Landscape, Tree Anchoring & Irrigation
Since first pioneering the concept of underground tree anchoring in 1983, Platipus have designed, manufactured and supplied systems to secure, stabilize and irrigate trees on prestigious projects as well as thousands of smaller and private sites all over the world.
Some examples of our prestigious projects include:
- Olympic Games & World Athletics Championships 2017, London, UK
- Franklin D Roosevelt Four Freedoms Park, New York, USA
- Expo Milan, Milan, Italy
- The Garden Show, Burg, Germany
- City Walk, Dubai, UAE
- Edward Street, Brisbane, Australia
By securing the rootball underground our systems allow for quick root development resulting in very low mortality rates for newly planted trees. A comprehensive range of kits and installation tools are available to provide above and below ground anchoring for standard and semi-mature tree transplants up to 20m high. With continuous innovation we have developed high quality standard tree anchoring solutions for on-grade and on-structure, large palm trees or typhoon locations and permanent tree anchoring situations.
Key Benefits Of The Platipus® Tree Anchoring & Irrigation Systems
- Largest range of professional tree anchoring systems
- More secure fixing creating better establishment
- No unsightly stakes or timber above ground
- Suitable for rootballed, airpot and containerised stock
- Fast and easy installation
- Low environmental impact
- System degrades within 3-5 years
- Underground kit means public hazards are eliminated
- Piddler® Irrigation System minimizes water waste
- CPD Presentations
- AutoCAD drawings
- On-site anchor testing for kit suitability
- Specification guidance for Landscape Architects, Contractors and Garden Designers
- Installation demonstrations
- Product training