Spanning 1.45 miles along the Lower West Side of Manhattan, the High Line was originally constructed in the 1930s as part of the New York Central Railroad. The three-story railroad has now been repurposed as a public open space that attracts nearly five million visitors annually. The park’s innovative design converted an industrial trestle of steel and concrete into a green roof that twists and turns its way through the city. The transformation of the park only allowed for a few feet of soil above the concrete and waterproofing layer installed over the existing deck. Platipus Deadman Systems with Plati-Mat were used to stabilize the trees over the green roof.
- Patipus Provides bespoke tree anchoring solution for Crown Estate’s Greening Program in Central London.
- Happy New Year from the Platipus Team
- The Platipus Team would like to thank you for your continued support throughout 2022
- Platipus Anchors & Geosynthetics Ltd design a bespoke solution
- “10 YEARS AFTER THE STORM”